Learn how to bill medical insurance in dentistry from start-to-finish with Cross-Coding icon Rose Nierman
Experience our live event in-person for the full hands-on experience.
Join our interactive livestream from the comfort of your office or home.
Explore and learn at your own pace with our on-demand replay experience.
This is the renowned course that has helped thousands of dental practices become successful cross-coders and:
• Increase monthly case acceptance and production.
• Set their practice apart and help more patients.
• Add new revenue streams, and referrals from physicians and patients.
Billing medical insurance for dental has many benefits, and every dental practice can implement it successfully.
Your office should implement cross coding and dental-to-medical billing if you provide these services:
26mar8:00 am4:00 pmCrossCoding - Unlocking the Code to Medical Billing in Dentistry CourseIn-Person or Virtual8:00 am - 4:00 pm 221 Old Dixie Highway, Suite 5, Tequesta, FL 33469Speaker:Rose Nierman Location:Jupiter, FL / Interactive Livestream
14may8:00 am4:00 pmCrossCoding - Unlocking the Code to Medical Billing in Dentistry CourseIn-Person or Virtual8:00 am - 4:00 pm 800 Iberville Street, New Orleans, LA 70112Speaker:Rose Nierman Location:New Orleans, LA / Interactive Livestream
11jun8:00 am4:00 pmCrossCoding - Unlocking the Code to Medical Billing in Dentistry CourseIn-Person or Virtual8:00 am - 4:00 pm 200 Ashford Center N #195, Atlanta, GA 30338Speaker:Rose Nierman Location:Atlanta, GA / Interactive Livestream
25jun8:00 am4:00 pmCrossCoding - Unlocking the Code to Medical Billing in Dentistry CourseIn-Person or Virtual8:00 am - 4:00 pm 159 Morgan Street, Jersey City, NJ 07302Speaker:Rose Nierman Location:Jersey City, NJ / Interactive Livestream
23jul8:00 am4:00 pmCrossCoding - Unlocking the Code to Medical Billing in Dentistry CourseIn-Person or Virtual8:00 am - 4:00 pm 200 Ashford Center N #195, Atlanta, GA 30338Speaker:Rose Nierman Location:Atlanta, GA / Interactive Livestream
27aug8:00 am4:00 pmCrossCoding - Unlocking the Code to Medical Billing in Dentistry CourseIn-Person or Virtual8:00 am - 4:00 pm 8757 Rio San Diego Drive, San Diego, CA 92108Speaker:Rose Nierman Location:San Diego, CA / Interactive Livestream
17sep8:00 am4:00 pmCrossCoding - Unlocking the Code to Medical Billing in Dentistry CourseIn-Person Or Virtual8:00 am - 4:00 pm 200 Ashford Center N #195, Atlanta, GA 30338Speaker:Rose Nierman Location:Atlanta, GA / Interactive Livestream
Very informative course for anyone looking to expand their knowledge in medical coding of dental procedures
Fantastic course full of amazing information. Rose made it fun, easy to follow and got me so excited to get back to the office and start cross coding ASAP! Thanks so much for all your help Rose!!!
“I really enjoyed this course. I liked the in-class demos/examples/ materials provided and to lye sample handouts to help remember the material. I can not wait until Monday to implement everything I learned . II would recommend Rose and Nierman Practice Management to all Dental Offices .
Having the opportunity to participant in this course was amazing. I learned valuable information that myself and my office associates can’t wait to relay back to our office. Thank you for your amazing opportunity!
My staff and I left the course with loads of excitement and lots knowledge to be able to bill out Sleep Appliances to medical insurance. Thank you everyone at Nierman Practice Management. You have made us anxious to get back to the office to start our process.
Can’t wait to implement everything we have been learning this weekend! Finally feel confident enough to tackle medical billing with the knowledge and support of this amazing group!
- Differentiate your practice. Patients are now making decisions based on which provider accepts medical insurance.
- Attain higher case acceptance by making treatment more accessible to your patients.
- Expand your services offered with more medically-necessary treatments.
Stop competing on price. You can focus on quality and value, charge your regular fee, and still lower the patient’s responsibility by integrating medical insurance reimbursement! It’s a win-win for your practice and your patients.
Nierman Practice Management has been the national leader and innovator in helping dental practices bill medical insurance for over 32 years.
Dental Medical Cross Coding Topics Covered:
- How to integrate medical billing into your dental office for sleep apnea, TMJ, implants, oral surgery, bone grafts, CT scans, and more.
- The importance of documentation and records, why they are vital for medical reimbursement for dentists.
- Verifying benefits, pre-authorizing patients’ medical insurance benefits.
- Searching for medical policies online.
- “There’s a Code for That” – Using the right CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS codes.
- How to complete the CMS-1500 medical claim form efficiently.
- The pros and cons of being “in-network” or “out-of-network”
- Tricks of the trade: Using “GAP” exceptions to bypass high deductibles.
- Rose’s Rules for becoming a successful cross-coder.
- Implementation checklist to get started with medical billing by Monday.
What Makes This Dental-Medical Cross-Coding Course Special?
We Cover All Applicable Dental Procedures – There’s a reason Rose’s motto is “There’s a Code For That”.
Learn how to receive medical reimbursement for many dental services that would otherwise be left on the table, sleep apnea, TMD, implants, oral surgeries, bone grafts, CBCT, laser procedures, exams, and radiographs.
A Wealth of Knowledge – Rose and her team of dental-to-medical billing specialists have over 100,000 hours of cross-coding wisdom under their belts and stays informed on the latest codes, policies, and trends. Ask her anything and she has a code for that!
Accurate & Ethical Billing – Learn what and what NOT to do and ensure you are receiving the best information out there. We clear up all of the medical billing myths and misinformation so you can feel confident in your billing. That’s why we ensure you “get your ducks in a row”.
- Overview of Medical Billing in Dentistry
- What Procedures can be Billed to Medical Insurance?
- Dental vs. Medical Insurance, ICD and CPT codes, Claim Examples
- Fees for Medical Insurance Claims
- Verification of Benefits & Pre-Authorizations
- Requesting In-Network Benefits as an Out-of-Network Provider
- Getting to Know The New Medical Claim Form
- ICD-10 Codes & Letters of Medical Necessity
- Billing for Specific Treatments – Implants, Oral Surgeries, TMD, Sleep Apnea, Exams, Panorex, Dental CT Scans, Botox for Bruxism, Accidents
- EOB’s, Appeals; Q&A. In-depth Case Examples, Attendee Specific Cases
About Rose Nierman
Rose Nierman has more experience teaching dental practices the correct and most efficient ways to implement a successful medical billing protocol than any other group. In fact, her name has become synonymous with cross-coding & medical billing in dentistry.
Ms. Nierman pioneered the cross-coding field in dentistry in 1988 by writing the first manual and software for cross-coding, and sharing her knowledge across the country to dental practices seeking to bill medical insurance for TMJ treatment.
Since that time, Nierman Practice Management has become a major resource for dental practices offering medically necessary services.
Ms. Nierman stays on the cutting edge of current medical billing knowledge, and presents the most ethical protocols for billing. From her 30+ years of experience in the dental-medical billing field, she is a wealth of knowledge, and her warm-hearted, energetic speaking style makes medical billing fun!
Nierman Practice Management is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education.ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Nierman Practice Management designates this activity for 7 continuing education credits.
Refund and Cancellation Policies:
All cancellations are to be made in writing. Registrations may be refunded at 100% if canceled within the first 24 hours of registration. Attendees can transfer their registration to another course one time without penalty up until 10 days prior to the course. Within 10 days of this course a 20% transfer penalty will be applied.