This course, provided by the SCOPE Institute for Sleep Apnea & Craniofacial Pain Education, is tailored to the dental practice that has begun treating obstructive sleep apnea. It will help take your dental sleep medicine practice to the next level, through sessions for:
- Studying the latest dental sleep medicine research
- Hands-on impression taking and clinical sessions
- Reviewing complex sleep apnea cases
- Overcoming common challenges
- Teaching the medical model for the whole team
- The link between OSA, TMD, & bruxism
- Building referral networks with sleep labs and sleep physicians.
- Marketing and networking with your community in order to spread awareness and build your patient base.
16 CE Credits
Team Member $795
Dentist + 2 Team M. $2,495
Dr. Mayoor Patel
Many dentists have taken several dental sleep medicine courses but find themselves struggling to make sleep apnea treatment a profitable service in their dental practice.
Through our 20+ years of experience educating dentists on implementing sleep apnea treatment, we have identified the most common roadblocks and challenges practices have when integrating sleep apnea services.
During the Advancing your Dental Sleep Practice course, we discuss how to overcome each of these obstacles, and focus on the key areas of implementation, working with sleep physicians, billing medical insurance, and handling complex cases.
What You Will Gain from Attending This Dental Course
- Gain the skills & knowledge needed to make Dental Sleep Medicine a core service in your dental practice.
- Learn how to gain new sleep apnea patients through physician referral networks.
- Establish an efficient team protocol for medical billing for sleep apnea in a dental practice.
Mayoor Patel, DDS, ABDSM, ABCP exclusively treats obstructive sleep apnea and craniofacial pain out of Atlanta, GA, and has a wealth of knowledge and experience on what and what not to do in order to build a successful dental sleep medicine practice. In his lectures, he is known for his ability to deliver complex material in a way that is easily understood, and the open and encouraging environment he creates in the classroom.
Expand For Schedule
|DAY 1||DAY 2|
|7:15am||Breakfast & Registration||7:15am||Breakfast & Registration|
|8:00am||Introduction, Pre-Test||8:00am||Advanced Case Studies|
|8:30am||Review of DSM Principles||10:20am||Building an MD Sleep Lab Referral Network/Review Pre-Test|
|9:15am||New Developments in OSA, Protocols Reviewed||12:00pm||Lunch|
|10:15am||Protocols Reviewed, Medical Billing Overview||12:45pm||Sleep Stages, Reading & Interpreting HST’s|
|11:00am||Identifying Patients in your dental practice: Incentivizing them to return for sleep appointments||2:00pm||Advanced Marketing, Implementation Guidance|
|12:00pm||Lunch||2:30pm||Reviewing & Breaking Down Latest Research Articles|
|12:45pm||Link Between TMD, Sleep Bruxism, and SDB||4:00pm||Post Test|
|2:00pm||Appliance Mechanisms and Types||4:30pm||Q&A, Recap, Course Summary|
|3:15pm||Understanding & Treating Problems during MAD therapy (Breakout for Sleep Billing)|
Locations & Lodging
Oct 13-14, 2017 – Atlanta, GA
8:00am – 5:00pm – 16 CE Credits
Craniofacial Pain & Dental Sleep Center of Georgia
200 Ashford Center N, Suite 195
Atlanta, GA 30338
Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center – Located 2 miles from the seminar location
246 Perimeter Center Parkway NE
Atlanta, GA 30346
“Nierman Practice Management” room block rate: $179/night
PACEProgram Provider FAGD/MAGD Credit Approval does not imply acceptance bya state of provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. 8/1/2016 to 7/31/2019
Refund and Cancellation Policies:
All cancellations are to be made in writing. Registrations will be refunded at 100% for cancellations received up to 7 days after initial registration.
· An assessment fee of 15% will be taken for refunds requested 8 days after initial registration if prior to 21 days before course.
· An assessment fee of 40% will be taken for refunds requested less than 21 days prior to the start of the course.
*Offices may choose to transfer the registration to another attendee or hold a credit in the full amount for up to 12 months. Credits are only good towards other Nierman Education programs.