Dental Sleep Medicine Course Description
Learn from industry leaders their blueprints for being successful in Dental Sleep Medicine.
Our comprehensive dental sleep medicine CE course will help you and your team implement obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) treatment successfully.
From the basics of dental sleep medicine terminology to the clinical treatment protocol, and everything in between, including hands-on impression and bite taking, communication skills, & dental sleep medical billing, your dental practice will be prepared to go back on Monday and begin taking the steps to building a successful dental sleep medicine practice.
Learn from some of the most experienced and recognized sleep medicine dentists in the industry.
Launched in 2010, this course has helped thousands of dentists and team members with practical dental sleep medicine implementation, by focusing on the key steps that are needed to be successful.
Gain the clinical skills and learn the effective protocols for dental sleep medicine:
- Screening for Obstructive Sleep Apnea in your Dental Practice
- Sleep Studies: PSG’s & Home Sleep Testing
- Treatment for Obstructive Sleep Apnea with Oral Appliance Therapy
- Physician Referrals: Building Referral Networks with the Sleep Community
- Dental Sleep Medicine Marketing
- Dental Sleep Medicine Billing: Dental-Medical Cross Coding for Sleep Apnea
This course guides dental practices on the right path towards success in dental sleep medicine and provides the resources and guidance necessary to stay on track in their Dental Sleep Medicine journey.
16 CE Credits
Team Member $795
Dentist + 2 Team M. $2,295
Dr. Ken Berley
In 3 Points, Why Our Dental Sleep Medicine Course is Different
- Practical Content – Education is an art form. We deliver complex information broken-down into easy steps and address common challenges that can make the difference when implementing dental sleep medicine.
- Our Team-Based Approach – Implementation success rates are magnitudes higher when the dental team is involved.
- Experience & Results – For 30 years Nierman Practice Management has been educating dental practices in dental sleep medicine & medical billing implementation, and we are constantly honing and updating our content and delivery to provide the highest quality experience.
Expand For Schedule
|DAY 1||DAY 2|
|7:15am||Breakfast & Registration||7:15am||Breakfast & Registration|
|8:00am||Introduction to Dental Sleep Medicine||8:00am||Screening Tips for Highest Success|
|8:30am||To-Do List (Things to do to be successful implementing DSM)||9:00am||Treatment Protocol & Titration (Calibration)|
|9:00am||Sleep Medicine Definitions, Science, and Overview||12:00pm||Lunch|
|11:00am||How to Receive Medical Reimbursement for OSA||1:00pm||In-depth Medical Billing for OSA|
|12:00pm||Lunch||2:00pm||Communication with Sleep Physicians, Sleep Labs. Gaining Patients with Referral Building|
|1:00pm||Protocol for the Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea||3:15pm||Happy Patients and Happy Sleep Physicians|
|1:30pm||How to Screen for Patients||3:45pm||Putting it All Together, Case Studies, Q&A|
|2:30pm||Risk Management for OSA, Informed Consent|
|3:15pm||How to Read Sleep Studies|
|4:00pm||Home Sleep Tests for Screening & Titration (Calibration)|
|5:00pm||Instructions for Wearing Home Sleep Study (Will have units for attendees to wear)|
Successful Implementation of Dental Sleep Medicine Course In Detail
In today’s competitive landscape, dental practices are increasingly looking for ways to differentiate themselves. By adding obstructive sleep apnea treatment to your list of services, you are providing a much needed service to patients while standing out from the crowd of local dentists. Did you know:
- Doctors estimate that 9.1% of men and 4% of women have sleep apnea.
- That translates to 18-25 million Americans (1 in every 15) living with sleep apnea.
And it could be higher! This means if your dental practices sees 2,000 patients a year, over 133 of those patients alone could be sleep apnea sufferers.
By implementing dental sleep medicine, you can start treating your dental patient base and help restore the lives of those 133 people.
In addition to your current dental patients, this dental sleep medicine course teaches you how to gain new patients outside of your dental base, with dental sleep marketing techniques, and sessions on how to receive physician referrals from the medical and sleep community.
This dental sleep seminar, geared toward the entire dental team, has sessions for the following:
PACEProgram Provider FAGD/MAGD Credit Approval does not imply acceptance bya state of provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. 8/1/2016 to 7/31/2019
Refund and Cancellation Policies:
All cancellations are to be made in writing. Registrations will be refunded at 100% for cancellations received up to 7 days after initial registration.
· An assessment fee of 15% will be taken for refunds requested 8 days after initial registration if prior to 21 days before course.
· An assessment fee of 40% will be taken for refunds requested less than 21 days prior to the start of the course.
*Offices may choose to transfer the registration to another attendee or hold a credit in the full amount for up to 12 months. Credits are only good towards other Nierman Education programs.