Dental Sleep Medicine CE Course Description
Learn the blueprints for Dental Sleep Medicine success from industry leaders.
This comprehensive dental sleep medicine CE course will help you and your team implement obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) treatment into your dental practice.
From the basics of dental sleep medicine terminology to the clinical treatment protocol, and everything in between, including screening, exam workflow, hands-on bite registrations, communication skills, referral building, marketing & dental sleep medical billing, your dental practice will be prepared to go back on Monday and begin taking the steps to building a successful dental sleep medicine practice.
Learn from some of the most experienced and recognized sleep medicine dentists in the industry.
Gain the clinical skills and learn the effective protocols for dental sleep medicine:
- Screening for Obstructive Sleep Apnea in your Dental Practice
- Dental Sleep Examination & Appointment Workflows. Hand-on Bite Registration for OSA
- Oral Appliance Mechanics. Learn the Different Appliance Types, Pros & Cons
- Sleep Studies: Polysomnograms – In-Lab & Home Sleep Testing. Protocols & Guidelines
- Physician Referrals: Building Referral Networks with the Sleep Community
- Dental Sleep Medicine Marketing and Growth Strategies
- Dental Sleep Medicine Billing: Dental-Medical Cross Coding for Sleep Apnea
- Communication Techniques for Case Acceptance & Managing Expectations
- Getting the Team on Board – Putting It All Together for Implementation Success
This course guides dental practices on the right path to success in dental sleep medicine and provides the knowledge and resources necessary to stay on track in their Dental Sleep Medicine journey.
16 CE Credits
Team Member $995
Dentist + 2 Team M. $2,495
Dr. Mayoor Patel
Overwhelmingly good. Great format and loved being able to ask questions spontaneously
What Makes This Dental Sleep Medicine Course Different
- Practical Content – Education is an art form. We deliver complex information broken-down into easy steps and address common challenges that can make the difference when implementing dental sleep medicine.
- Team-Based Approach – Implementation success rates for dental sleep medicine are much higher when the dental team is involved.
- Experience & Personal Touch – Our team has 30 years of experience in providing continuing education for dental sleep medicine and medical billing for dentists and are constantly honing and updating content and delivery. We put our hearts into each and every course to provide the highest quality experience for our clients.
Expand For Schedule
|DAY 1||DAY 2|
|7:15am||Breakfast & Registration||7:15am||Breakfast & Registration|
|8:00am||Introduction to Dental Sleep Medicine||8:00am||Sleep Apnea & TMD|
|8:30am||The Science, Statistics & Terminology of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) & Sleep Medicine||8:30am||Managing Side Effects|
|9:00am||Treatment Options for OSA||9:00am||Case Studies|
|11:00am||Screening your Patients for OSA – A Team Approach||11:00am||Building the Sleep Practice – Internal & External Marketing|
|1:00pm||The Treatment Protocol for OSA Using Oral Appliance Therapy (OAT)||1:00pm||Driving Qualified Patients Into the Practice|
|1:30pm||Bite Registration Methods for OAT – Hands-on||1:30pm||Establishing Referral Networks with Physicians and the Medical Community|
|2:30pm||Polysomnogram and Home Sleep Testing||2:30pm||Communication is Key: Increasing Case Acceptance, Referrals, and Growth|
|3:15pm||Integrating Medical Insurance Reimbursement for OSA Treatment||3:15pm||Leveraging Technology in Dental Sleep Medicine|
|4:00pm||Hands-on Sleep Studies Overnight||4:00pm||Finding your “Why”|
|5:00pm||Q&A||5:00pm||Creating your Action Plan for Implementation|
Successful Implementation of Dental Sleep Medicine Course In Detail
In today’s competitive landscape, dental practices are increasingly looking for ways to differentiate themselves. By adding obstructive sleep apnea treatment to your list of services, you are providing a much needed service to patients while standing out from the crowd of local dentists. Did you know:
- Doctors estimate that 9.1% of men and 4% of women have sleep apnea.
- That translates to 18-25 million Americans (1 in every 15) living with sleep apnea.
And it could be higher! This means if your dental practices sees 2,000 patients a year, over 133 of those patients alone could be sleep apnea sufferers.
By implementing dental sleep medicine, you can start treating your dental patient base and help restore the lives of those 133 people.
In addition to your current dental patients, this dental sleep medicine course teaches you how to gain new patients outside of your dental base, with dental sleep marketing techniques, and sessions on how to receive physician referrals from the medical and sleep community.
This dental sleep seminar, geared toward the entire dental team, has sessions for the following:
PACEProgram Provider FAGD/MAGD Credit Approval does not imply acceptance bya state of provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. 8/1/2016 to 7/31/2019
Refund and Cancellation Policies:
All cancellations are to be made in writing. Registrations may be refunded at 100% if cancelled within the first 7 days of registration. An assessment fee of 30% will be taken for cancellations 8 days after registration if prior to 21 days before the course. An assessment fee of 50% will be taken for cancellations that are 21 days before the course or less. Attendees can transfer their registration to another course without penalty up until 10 days prior to course. Within 10 days of course, a 20% penalty to transfers will be applied.