This course is provided by the SCOPE Institute for Sleep Apnea and Craniofacial Pain Education.
Dental Sleep Medicine Course Description
Learn from industry leaders the blueprints for Dental Sleep Medicine success.
This comprehensive dental sleep medicine CE course will help you and your team implement obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) treatment into your dental practice.
From the basics of dental sleep medicine terminology to the clinical treatment protocol, and everything in between, including hands-on impression and bite taking, communication skills, & dental sleep medical billing, your dental practice will be prepared to go back on Monday and begin taking the steps to building a successful dental sleep medicine practice.
Learn from some of the most experienced and recognized sleep medicine dentists in the industry.
Gain the clinical skills and learn the effective protocols for dental sleep medicine:
- Screening for Obstructive Sleep Apnea in your Dental Practice
- Sleep Studies: PSG’s & Home Sleep Testing
- Treatment for Obstructive Sleep Apnea with Oral Appliance Therapy
- Physician Referrals: Building Referral Networks with the Sleep Community
- Dental Sleep Medicine Marketing
- Dental Sleep Medicine Billing: Dental-Medical Cross Coding for Sleep Apnea
This course guides dental practices on the right path towards success in dental sleep medicine and provides the resources and guidance necessary to stay on track in their Dental Sleep Medicine journey.
16 CE Credits
Team Member $995
Dentist + 2 Team M. $2,495
Dr. Mayoor Patel
Overwhelmingly good. Great format and loved being able to ask questions spontaneously
What Makes This Dental Sleep Medicine Course Different
- Practical Content – Education is an art form. We deliver complex information broken-down into easy steps and address common challenges that can make the difference when implementing dental sleep medicine.
- Team-Based Approach – Implementation success rates for dental sleep medicine are much higher when the dental team is involved.
- Experience & Personal Touch – Our team has 30 years of experience in providing continuing education for dental sleep medicine and medical billing for dentists and are constantly honing and updating content and delivery. We put our hearts into each and every course to provide the highest quality experience for our clients.
Expand For Schedule
|DAY 1||DAY 2|
|7:15am||Breakfast & Registration||7:15am||Breakfast & Registration|
|8:00am||Introduction to Dental Sleep Medicine||8:00am||Screening Tips for Highest Success|
|8:30am||To-Do List (Things to do to be successful implementing DSM)||9:00am||Treatment Protocol & Titration (Calibration)|
|9:00am||Sleep Medicine Definitions, Science, and Overview||12:00pm||Lunch|
|11:00am||How to Receive Medical Reimbursement for OSA||1:00pm||In-depth Medical Billing for OSA|
|12:00pm||Lunch||2:00pm||Communication with Sleep Physicians, Sleep Labs. Gaining Patients with Referral Building|
|1:00pm||Protocol for the Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea||3:15pm||Marketing your Dental Sleep Practice|
|1:30pm||How to Screen for Patients||3:45pm||Putting it All Together, Case Studies, Q&A|
|2:30pm||Hands on Bite Registration & Impression Taking Technique|
|3:15pm||How to Read Sleep Studies|
|4:00pm||Home Sleep Tests for Screening & Titration (Calibration)|
|5:00pm||Instructions for Wearing Home Sleep Study (Will have units for attendees to wear)|
Upcoming Dates & Locations
June 21-22nd, 2019 | Seattle, WA
1000 1st Avenue. Seattle, WA 98104
“Nierman Practice Management” room block rate $269/night.
Hotel Reservations can be made by calling the hotel at 877-886-9134
September 13-14th, 2019 | Long Beach, CA
Hilton Long Beach
701 West Ocean Blvd. Long Beach, CA 90831
“SCOPE Institute” room block rate $189/night.
Hotel Reservations can be made by calling the hotel at (562) 983-3400
Successful Implementation of Dental Sleep Medicine Course In Detail
In today’s competitive landscape, dental practices are increasingly looking for ways to differentiate themselves. By adding obstructive sleep apnea treatment to your list of services, you are providing a much needed service to patients while standing out from the crowd of local dentists. Did you know:
- Doctors estimate that 9.1% of men and 4% of women have sleep apnea.
- That translates to 18-25 million Americans (1 in every 15) living with sleep apnea.
And it could be higher! This means if your dental practices sees 2,000 patients a year, over 133 of those patients alone could be sleep apnea sufferers.
By implementing dental sleep medicine, you can start treating your dental patient base and help restore the lives of those 133 people.
In addition to your current dental patients, this dental sleep medicine course teaches you how to gain new patients outside of your dental base, with dental sleep marketing techniques, and sessions on how to receive physician referrals from the medical and sleep community.
This dental sleep seminar, geared toward the entire dental team, has sessions for the following:
PACEProgram Provider FAGD/MAGD Credit Approval does not imply acceptance bya state of provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. 8/1/2016 to 7/31/2019
Refund and Cancellation Policies:
All cancellations are to be made in writing. Registrations may be refunded at 100% if cancelled within the first 7 days of registration. An assessment fee of 30% will be taken for cancellations 8 days after registration if prior to 21 days before the course. An assessment fee of 50% will be taken for cancellations that are 21 days before the course or less. Attendees can transfer their registration to another course without penalty up until 10 days prior to course. Within 10 days of course, a 20% penalty to transfers will be applied.