Expand your dental practice by incorporating treatment for headaches, TMJ, and orofacial pain.
This TMD and Orofacial Pain CE course will prepare your dental practice to:
- Understand the many different types of pain in the head and neck.
- Differentially diagnose, refer, and treat headaches, TMJ disorders, and orofacial pain in order to provide patients the best quality care.
- Begin to establish a successful craniofacial pain center in your dental practice.
In addition, if you are a dental sleep medicine practitioner, understanding TMD, and orofacial pain is essential. There is a strong correlation between obstructive sleep apnea and TMD. Often your sleep apnea patients will present with TM disorders and vice versa.
- Greatly improve your patients’ quality of life.
- Differentiate your dental practice & gain new patients.
- Add a new revenue source to your dental practice.
Gain hands-on experience in performing the comprehensive TMJ and craniofacial pain exam. Learn how to triage patients that present with pain and sleep apnea symptoms. Review thought-provoking case studies that will challenge you to think outside of the box.
Dr. Brijesh Chandwani is known for his wealth of knowledge in orofacial pain treatment, his vast experience teaching and mentoring dentists, and his trademark bow-tie.
· Anatomy and Neuroanatomy
· Basic Concept of Pain; Science of Pain
· TMJ and Pain Conditions to be familiar with
· Musculoskeletal Pain Disorders
· Hands-On History/Examination/Workup: Taking and Understanding Patient History & Comprehensive Head/Neck Examination
· Diagnosing TMD
· Managing potential jaw pain side effects of sleep appliances
· Diagnostic Injections – Theory
· Examination/Documentation Systems & Medical Billing for TMJ
· Review of Orofacial Pain Conditions
· Treatment options for TMD
· Appliances and splints for TMD
· Hands-On Quick Splints
· Working with Physicians- Building referral networks for sleep & TMD
· Hands-on Trigger point injections
· Triaging sleep and TMD patients (flowchart)
· TMD and sleep apnea case studies
Nierman Practice Management is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education.ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Nierman Practice Management designates this activity for 7-11 continuing education credits.
Refund and Cancellation Policies:
All cancellations are to be made in writing. Registrations may be refunded at 100% if canceled within the first 24 hours of registration. Attendees can transfer their registration to another course one time without penalty up until 10 days prior to the course. Within 10 days of this course a 20% transfer penalty will be applied.