Implementation of TMD & Orofacial Pain Treatment Dental Course
Attend In-Person or Virtually Online
March 26-27, 2021
Expand your dental practice by incorporating treatment for headaches, TMJ, and orofacial pain.
This TMD and Orofacial Pain Dental CE course will prepare your dental practice to:
- Understand the different types of pain conditions in the head and neck.
- Increase your skills to differentially diagnose, refer, or treat headaches, TMJ disorders, and orofacial pain.
- Begin to establish a successful TMD/orofacial pain center in your dental practice.
Essential for Dental Sleep Practitioners:
If you treat obstructive sleep apnea patients, understanding TMD and orofacial pain is necessary for becoming a well-rounded dental sleep practitioner. There is a strong correlation between obstructive sleep apnea and TMD. Often your sleep apnea patients will present with TMJ disorders and vice versa. Gain the confidence to perform a thorough TMD screening during your sleep apnea exams, and manage any oral appliance side effects.
Course Dates & Locations
Join us in Sunny South Florida for a Spring Break Getaway March 26-27, 2021.
Jupiter, FL is home to a beautiful beach, great weather, and celebrities like Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, and Celine Dion.
Can’t make it in person, join us virtually via our HD interactive livestream option.
Nierman Practice Management Headquarters
221 Old Dixie Hwy, Suite 5
Tequesta, FL, 33469
Call us at 1800-879-6468, option 4 for questions or to register.
- Greatly improve patients’ quality of life.
- Differentiate your dental practice.
- Add a rewarding service for practice growth.
Gain hands-on experience in performing the comprehensive TMJ and craniofacial pain exam. Learn how to triage patients that present with pain and sleep apnea symptoms. Review thought-provoking case studies that will challenge you to think outside of the box.
Brijesh Chandwani is board certified in Orofacial Pain and he focuses on management of complex facial pain disorders in New York and Connecticut. Dr. Chandwani currently holds an academic position as Adjunct Associate Professor in the department of Diagnostic Sciences at Tufts University, Boston and at the St. Barnabas Hospital, Bronx. Dr. Chandwani underwent his dental training (DMD) at Tufts University in Boston, where he also did his post graduate fellowship training in Temporomandibular Disorders and Sleep apnea. He completed his Acupuncture training from Harvard Medical School, Boston.
He has authored a number of publications and has presented at National conferences on Headaches and Bruxism. He incorporates mainly physical medicine approaches to managing these problems including acupuncture, trigger point needling, and stretching in addition to Oral appliances, Botox injections and nerve blocks.
I was mentored by Dr. Brijesh whilst I did my masters at Tufts. He is an incredibly knowledgeable clinician who is very generous with his knowledge and a very patient teacher. It was a privilege to be under his tutelage.
Dr. Chandwani is an excellent teacher and clinician. This will be a great opportunity to learn from one of the best!
· Anatomy and Neuroanatomy
· Basic Concept of Pain; Science of Pain
· TMJ and Pain Conditions to be familiar with
· Musculoskeletal Pain Disorders
· Hands-On History/Examination/Workup: Taking and Understanding Patient History & Comprehensive Head/Neck Examination
· Diagnosing TMD
· Managing potential jaw pain side effects of sleep appliances
· Diagnostic Injections – Theory
· Examination/Documentation Systems & Medical Billing for TMJ
· Review of Orofacial Pain Conditions
· Treatment options for TMD
· Appliances and splints for TMD
· Hands-On Quick Splints
· Working with Physicians- Building referral networks for sleep & TMD
· Hands-on Trigger point injections
· Triaging sleep and TMD patients (flowchart)
· TMD and sleep apnea case studies
Nierman Practice Management is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education.ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Nierman Practice Management designates this activity for 7-11 continuing education credits.
Refund and Cancellation Policies:
All cancellations are to be made in writing. Registrations may be refunded at 100% if canceled within the first 24 hours of registration. Attendees can transfer their registration to another course one time without penalty up until 10 days prior to the course. Within 10 days of this course a 20% transfer penalty will be applied.