Pinpoint the Pain: Differential Diagnosis of TMD & Craniofacial Pain Dental CE Course Description
This renowned TMD and Craniofacial Pain CE course will prepare your dental practice to:
- Understand the many different types of pain in the head and neck.
- Differentially diagnose, refer, and treat headaches, TMJ disorders, and craniofacial pain in order to give your patients the best quality care possible.
- Establish a successful craniofacial pain center in your dental practice.
Learn Dr. Mayoor Patel’s model for building referral networks with neurologists, physical therapists, and other medical professionals to gain new patients and make TMD and orofacial pain treatment a major revenue source for your dental practice.
16 CE Credits
Team Member $995
Dentist + 2 Team M. $3,195
Dr. Mayoor Patel
In addition, dentists treating obstructive sleep apnea need to be knowledgeable on the TM joint and the various TMJ disorders their sleep apnea patients may have.
A TMJ and orofacial screening should be incorporated into every sleep apnea exam to identify, document, and review any underlying pain or TMJ disorder.
If any TMJ complications arise after a sleep apnea patient begins oral appliance therapy, your practice should be ready to manage them.
What You Will Gain From This Course
- Greatly improve your patients’ quality of life.
- Differentiate your dental practice & gain new patients.
- Add a new revenue center to your practice.
Gain hands-on experience in performing the comprehensive TMJ and craniofacial pain exam. Learn how to triage patients that present with pain and sleep apnea symptoms. Review thought-provoking case studies that will challenge you and have you thinking outside of the box.
Dr. Mayoor Patel is known for his wealth of knowledge in sleep apnea and craniofacial pain treatment, his ability to clearly transfer knowledge, and his open classroom environments.
Pinpoint the Pain: TMJ & Craniofacial Pain Course Agenda
Expand For Course Schedule
|DAY 1||DAY 2|
|8:00am||Introduction/Announcements||8:00am||Neuropathic, Neurovascular Disorders|
|8:15am||Anatomy and Neuroanatomy||9:00am||Pharmaceuticals for Orofacial Pain|
|9:15am||Basic Concept of Pain; Science of Pain||10:00am||Break|
|10:45am||Break||10:30am||Therapy for Craniomandibular Disorders|
|11:00am||Performing a Comprehensive Head/Neck Examination||12:00pm||Lunch|
|12:00pm||Lunch||1:00pm||Learning Through Case Studies in Orofacial Pain|
|1:00pm||Hands-on Examination/Documentation Systems||2:00pm||Review of Common Orofacial Pain Conditions|
|2:45pm||Medical Billing for TMJ/Pain – Getting Paid for Pain||3:00pm||Imaging for Craniofacial Pain|
|4:00pm||Musculoskeletal Pain Disorders||3:30pm||Building Referral Networks with Specialists|
|4:15pm||Step-by-Step Implementation Guide|
Advanced Pinpoint the Pain: TMD & Craniofacial Pain (Session 2)
This 2-day craniofacial pain CE course is designed specifically to help dental practitioners become more proficient in evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, management and in some cases refer patients to other healthcare providers who have TMD, sleep disorders, and other types of orofacial pain.
The management of temporomandibular disorders (TMD) and orofacial pain is a complex problem in dentistry. In order to effectively manage TMD and orofacial pain disorders the clinician must be able to recognize these disorders from other orofacial pain disorders so that correct treatment can be selected. This advanced course is designed to build on the previous Pinpoint the Pain course.
We will dive deep into reviewing the multiple factors that relate to TMD and orofacial pain disorders. Treatments based on sound scientific principles will be discussed. Clinicians will be challenged with clinical cases on diagnosing and understanding on how to take a detailed history so that correct therapy can be selected for each patient.
The role of each dental and medical specialty in the management of orofacial pain will also be explored further. This course will benefit all practitioners interested in managing temporomandibular disorders and orofacial pain. In addition, participants will be provided a better understanding on how to manage patients with obstructive sleep apnea and TMD by the use of oral appliances.
- Differentiate between the many types of orofacial pain.
- Expand your knowledge in orofacial pain treatment.
- Increase production and referrals in your orofacial pain practice.
What You Will Learn:
- Differentiate temporomandibular disorders from other orofacial pain disorders.
- Understand the relationship between cervical disorders and orofacial pain disorders.
- Take a comprehensive pain history and complete a thorough examination for temporomandibular disorders and orofacial pain disorders.
- Understand the role of imaging in the diagnosis of temporomandibular disorders.
- Understand the role of the physical therapist in managing orofacial pain disorders.
- Understand the role of pharmacology in managing orofacial pain disorders
- Interrelationship between sleep quality and pain.
- How and when to work with MD’s in managing chronic pain.
- Interactive case studies
PACEProgram Provider FAGD/MAGD Credit Approval does not imply acceptance bya state of provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. 8/1/2016 to 7/31/2019
Nierman Practice Management is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education.ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Refund and Cancellation Policies:
All cancellations are to be made in writing. Registrations may be refunded at 100% if cancelled within the first 7 days of registration. An assessment fee of 30% will be taken for cancellations 8 days after registration if prior to 21 days before the course. An assessment fee of 50% will be taken for cancellations that are 21 days before the course or less. Attendees can transfer their registration to another course without penalty up until 10 days prior to course. Within 10 days of course, a 20% penalty to transfers will be applied.