The 2-day TMJ and Airway Cadaver Course is a unique opportunity to increase your knowledge in orofacial pain, TMJ, and sleep apnea treatment.
Participate in a hands-on deep-dive into the anatomy of the structures connected with TMJ, orofacial pain, and airway to increase your knowledge and confidence in differential diagnosis & treatment.
- Gain in-depth understanding of the anatomy of the head, neck, & TMJ.
- Muscles, joints, and nerves for TMD & orofacial pain differential diagnosis and treatment.
- Special section on airway anatomy with bisected airway dissection.
- Hands-on trigger point injection & Botox for TMJ training.
Learn from orofacial pain specialist Dr. Brijesh Chandwani and anatomist Professor Colin Henderson through lectures, demonstrations, and over-the-shoulder dissection in this two-day workshop.
Dr. Brijesh Chandwani, DMD
Professor Colin Henderson
The TMJ Cadaver Course was the most impactful TMD seminar I have ever taken.
The wealth of knowledge in the room and guidance by our discussion leaders, made for my expectations to be blown away.
Gain an in-depth understanding of the anatomy of the head, neck, and TMJ.
Incorporate knowledge of anatomy for sleep, TMD & orofacial pain treatment.
Practice hands-on trigger point and Botox injections for TMJ treatment.
Nierman Practice Management Training Center
221 N Old Dixie Hwy #5,
Tequesta, FL 33469
Closest Airport: Palm Beach International (PBI) 25 minutes
2nd Closest Airport: Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) 60 minutes
Join us in beautiful Jupiter, FL, and enjoy the breathtaking natural scenery, warm beaches, crystal clear inlets, laidback tiki bars, and unique restaurants. Bring your family and create a memorable trip while you learn.
Day 1 Agenda
|7:30- 8:00 AM||Breakfast & Registration|
|8:00-8:30 AM||Introduction to TMJ and Sleep Disordered Breathing: The Importance of Anatomy in Successful Diagnosis and Optimal Treatment|
‘Over the Shoulder’ Session 1: Masticatory Muscles.
– Anatomy of masticatory muscles including cervical musculature.
– Landmarks/clinical considerations for muscle injections using different agents (Botulinum toxin, Steroids, Local anesthetics).
– Complications from injections: why and how to minimize.
|10:30 AM-12:00 PM||
‘Over the Shoulder’ Session 2: TMJ
– Anatomy of TM joint
– Internal derangements
– Degenerative joint disease
|12:00-1:00 PM||Lunch/Clinical Cases (TMJ Disorders)|
‘Over the Shoulder’ Session 3: Trigeminal Nerve
– Anatomy of the mandibular and maxillary nerves
– Nerve blocks: landmarks and clinical considerations
‘Over the Shoulder’ Session 4: Upper airway
– Anatomy of the upper airway
– Clinical considerations: patient selection, patient education, treatment selections
|5:00-5:30 PM||Sleep Apnea Clinical Cases|
Day 2 Agenda
- Chronic Migraines
- Botox and other treatments for chronic migraines
- Landmarks for migraine protocol: clinical applications
- Hemifacial spasms and other movement disorders of the maxillofacial region
- Dissection: muscle spasm, nerve blocks
- Trigeminal neuralgia
Join our Cross-Coding Course Next Door!
Learn how to get paid by medical insurance in dentistry from start-to-finish with Cross-Coding icon Rose Nierman.
Next door, bring your team where they will learn how to successfully bill medical insurance and also increase your reimbursement, case acceptance, and bottom line for sleep apnea, TMD, implants, oral surgeries, frenectomies, and more. Register today!
Nierman Practice Management is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education.ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Nierman Practice Management designates this activity for 7-11 continuing education credits.
Refund and Cancellation Policies:
All cancellations are to be made in writing. Registrations may be refunded at 100% if canceled within the first 24 hours of registration. Attendees can transfer their registration to another course one time without penalty up until 10 days prior to the course. No refunds will be issued for cancellations within 10 days of the course.