This dental CE over-the-shoulder TMJ and airway cadaver course is a unique opportunity to increase your knowledge in orofacial pain, TMJ, and sleep apnea treatment.
Understanding anatomy is a key component to success in these fields, and this workshop provides in-depth training with cadavers for visualizing the anatomy of the head and neck.
Learn from orofacial pain specialists Dr. Brijesh Chandwani, Dr. Offiong Aqua, Dr. Jonathan Lown, MD, and a multidisciplinary team through lectures, demonstrations, and over-the-shoulder dissection in this one day workshop.
8 CE Credits
Dr. Brijesh Chandwani, DMD
Dr. Offiong Aqua, MD
Dr. Jonathan Lown, MD
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the anatomy of the head, neck, and TMJ.
- Understand how to incorporate the knowledge of anatomy for orofacial pain diagnosis and treatment.
- Build your skills through over-the-shoulder cadaver training.
|7:30- 8:00 AM||Breakfast & Registration|
|8:00-8:30 AM||Introduction to TMJ and Sleep Disordered Breathing: The Importance of Anatomy in Successful Diagnosis and Optimal Treatment|
‘Over the Shoulder’ Session 1: Masticatory Muscles.
– Anatomy of masticatory muscles including cervical musculature.
– Landmarks/clinical considerations for muscle injections using different agents (Botulinum toxin, Steroids, Local anesthetics).
– Complications from injections: why and how to minimize.
|10:30 AM-12:00 PM||
‘Over the Shoulder’ Session 2: TMJ
– Anatomy of TM joint
– Internal derangements
– Degenerative joint disease
|12:00-1:00 PM||Lunch/Clinical Cases (TMJ Disorders)|
‘Over the Shoulder’ Session 3: Trigeminal Nerve
– Anatomy of the mandibular and maxillary nerves
– Nerve blocks: landmarks and clinical considerations
‘Over the Shoulder’ Session 4: Upper airway
– Anatomy of the upper airway
– Clinical considerations: patient selection, patient education, treatment selections
|5:00-5:30 PM||Sleep Apnea Clinical Cases|
Nierman Practice Management is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education.ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Nierman Practice Management designates this activity for 7-11 continuing education credits.
Refund and Cancellation Policies:
All cancellations are to be made in writing. Registrations may be refunded at 100% if canceled within the first 24 hours of registration. Attendees can transfer their registration to another course one time without penalty up until 10 days prior to the course. Within 10 days of this course a 20% transfer penalty will be applied.